ProLED, acronym for “Design of Distribution Power Lines“, is an IT system created to perform the design and mechanical check of average and low voltage power lines in compliance with IEC-11-4-1998 and IEC-11- 4-2011 standards.
ProLED supports the power lines designer in creating new projects, also allowing you to check existing lines, assessing the suitability of the present components.
Creation and improvement of the topographic survey
ProLED 2.0 allows you to create and/or improve a topographic survey quickly and accurately: either in the case of an existing line or in case of a new one.
The survey can be done in different ways:
- Manually adding the track points;
- Starting from an ASCII file;
- Starting from an DXF file;
- Importing a .zip file created by the ProLED portal.
The activity of creation and improvement of the survey includes:
- The insertion of the track points: either from the table or directly on the map (satellite image, cadastral map, etc.;
- Identification of the vertices;
- Identification of supports and their performance, in case of existing supports;
- Insertion, if any, of the crossings.
The design environment
After improving the survey environment, the designer can move on to the design environment and then proceed to the following activities:
- Addition of the vertices;
- Configuration of the conduction means;
- Connection of the conduction means;
- Distances verification;
- Resistance hecks.
Regarding the last two activities, the checks, ProLED 2.0 takes into account the legislation chosen by the designer (IEC-11-4-1998 or IEC-11-4-2011) of the wind and ice area to which the survey belongs, provision of poles, stretching, length of spans, minimum openings, the presence of possible derivations, angles and objects that may be present along the support (e.g. disconnecting switches, etc.) … and of many other elements that can affect the performance of the supports.
ProLED 2.0 allows you to predict any type of crossing (motorways, municipal roads, country roads, rivers, TLC lines, high voltage lines, houses, fences, etc …). By allowing this, the program will calculate the relative openings, either downwards (e.g. country road) or upwards (e.g. HVL – High voltage line).
ProLED 2.0 will therefore take into account a series of attributes specific to each type of crossing. For example, when calculating the opening against a HVL line, ProLED 2.0 will take into account the height of the HVL and its voltage (kV).
Information on the supports used
ProLED 2.0 provides a great deal of information about the supports used in the project.
The information concerns:
- The length of the inlets (left and right) and the equivalent span
- The stretching used
- Width of the angles, if present
- Info on any derived spans
- Information on loads at joint points and the use percentages of the support
The designer can influence the choice of poles made by ProLED 2.0 as long as his choice does not have a lower performance than the one approved by the program.
In the editing screen the designer can:
- Modify the existing support;
- Indicate to ProLED 2.0 that an existing support is unusable (because, for example, the program cannot know that a theoretically suitable pole is in fact deteriorated);
- Change the height of the support;
- Change the ground type;
- Change the type of equipment;
- Change the foundation type;
- Change the use percentage of the support (default is 100%);
- Propose a performance;
- To impose a test performance to ProLED 2.0 (if it is lower than the one considered appropriate by the program, ProLED will still use it highlighting a “KO”: in this way, however, the designer will be able to check how that performance is not sufficient to support the line);
- Change the type of support and/or distance from the top of the pole;
- Insert derivations;
- Insert objects.
The outputs of the project
At the end of the project, ProLED 2.0 provides complete outputs, such as:
- Staking tables
- Stretching tables
- List of supports
- The plan
- Export to .pdf, .dxf and .jpg formats
ProLED software was purchased to develop the design of new power lines and reconstruction of existing lines more quickly and therefore, to optimise business; after a few months’ use, I can confirm that this has been an excellent purchase.
Specifically, the well-constructred graphic interface, and the guided workflow for design make it easy to complete a project, even for new designers.
It is also extremely easy to change the position of supports to adapt the project to suit the requests of landowners where power lines are in place; the project can be changed in just a few seconds!
We should also not underestimate the fact that technical assistance is always available to solve any problem as soon as it comes up.
Overall, I’d give it 10+!Daniele Miolo
I can only compliment the package for its easy use; the versatility of ProLED software and calculation speeds.
I use the on-line configuration for our type of use, and if I have to give my opinion of the software in discretionary terms, I’d say it was very good.Roberto Tusaccio
NeXT is a software house that produces and sells softwares developed to provide information and aggregate data to company management, supporting its operational decision making.
NeXT can guarantee excellent quality service, unique in the whole industry, thanks to agent-based technology programming.
Where to find usOperational headquarter:via Ancona 55/A 60030, Castelbellino (AN)
Registered office: via Nazario Sauro 11/a 60035, Jesi (AN)
Tel: +39 0731696646
Fax: +39 0731690464
VAT reg.: 02510420421