Professional maintenance – Machine ledger 4.0
The Machine ledger is a module that is part of the World Class Manufacturing methodologies (WCM). The Machine ledger is designed for professional maintenance.
The purpose of the Machine ledger is to keep the maintenance of the machinery under control, revealing the root causes of the faults, while at the same time feeding a historical archive.
But above all the NeXT Machine Ledger module continues in the direction indicated by all the other software modules, of a global data computerization, i.e. the progressive replacement of the chart with digital supports, that are therefore immediately available and, above all, queryable.
If we want to define the Machine Ledger in a simple but clear way, we can define it as follows:
It is the totality and the coordination of all the activities designed at the component level,
in perfect harmony with the current WCM standards.
Going deeper, we will say that it is characterized by:
- the disassembling of the machine into functional groups. Each component of the machine is classified according to its importance for the operation of the machine itself (class A, B and C).
- from information regarding the maintenance policies to be applied
The maintenance technician will be able to interact with the calendar:
- By recording the maintenance activities completed.
- Signaling the presence of a possible failure, specifying the cause:
- Lack of basic conditions
- Wrong operating conditions
- Insufficient maintenance
- Human error
- Design defect
- External factors
- Write down the minutes used to carry out the maintenance activities scheduled for each day.
- Potential event EWO (Emergency Work Order).
- Have a history of previous activities available. In fact, in the “KPI’s” section, the maintenance technician will be able to take note of the MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures), TBF (Time Between Failure) and MTTR (Mean time to repair) entries in order to obtain breakdown and repair statistics.
Configure the Machine Ledger
It is possible to configure any intervention on each component of the machine. This is divided first into subsystems and then into components.
The intervention always refers to the single component.
Interventions can be set for each component.
When configuring the intervention, you can specify the type of maintenance. In the case of a “Conditional Based Maintenance” it will be possible to set the value of a variable (for example the number of cycles of a piston), so that, once that value is reached, the planned maintenance on the Machine Ledger will appear automatically.
The Machine Ledger 4.0
As mentioned, the Machine Ledger shows the machine, split into its subsystems and individual components.
For each component the following is indicated: the type of maintenance (TBM, BDM, CBM), the frequency and duration of the intervention, the presence of any maintenance documents, and if the intervention involves a machine downtime.
For faults you can access the EWO modules and view the root cause.
The triangles of different colors and orientations indicate:
- The planned maintenance (yellow, upwards)
- Finished maintenance (black, downwards)
- Breakdown maintenance (red, left)
- Rescheduled maintenance (blue, to the right)
The integration of the Machine Ledger with the EWO modules
The maintenance planning manager can plan the intervention of a previously registered ticket.
The person to whom the maintenance is assigned, when required, will fill out an EWO module, thus closing the previously opened ticket.
The EWO module, by filling in the «Where» field (Analysis 5W + 1H), of one or more components, will be automatically inserted inside the Machine Ledger.
I would like to receive information regarding this solution
NeXT is a software house that produces and sells softwares developed to provide information and aggregate data to company management, supporting its operational decision making.
NeXT can guarantee excellent quality service, unique in the whole industry, thanks to agent-based technology programming.
Where to find us
Operational headquarter:via Ancona 55/A 60030, Castelbellino (AN)
Registered office: via Nazario Sauro 11/a 60035, Jesi (AN)
Tel: +39 0731696646
Fax: +39 0731690464
VAT reg.: 02510420421