Waste reduction, Efficiency monitoring,
Rationalization of production processes
Our software solutions
IMPROVE 4.0 SYSTEM
- Support for WCM (World Class Manufacturing) methods
- Efficiency monitoring (OEE – Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
- In-line performance (Andon)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Just-in-time suply (Kanban)
- Warehouse Management System
- Product and process traceability
- Pick to light
- EWO and S-EWO (WCM modules)
- Visual SOP
- Handling robots and AGV
- Quality analysis based on vibration and noise detection.
NeXT develops applications on commission, in different areas from those strictly connected to industrial production; in particular, it works with the energy sector, collaborating with Enel Distribuzione, for which we developed the ProLED system.
- Design and mechanical testing of medium and low-voltage power lines in compliance with CEI-11-4-1998 and CEI-11-4-2011 standards
- Energy production plant supervision systems
- Mechanical calculation system for medium and low-voltage power lines.
Why use IMPROVE 4.0?
OEE efficiency (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
Used to identify and quantify the larger production losses in plants and systems and to monitor production process efficiency.
It compares the actual production from a plant with the theoretical production for which it was designed and built.
The difference between these two values represents production loss in terms of :
- RF = Availability (Time)
- RV = Performance (Speed)
- RQ = Quality
The OEE is simplified by multiplying the above indices, and therefore: OEE = RF * RV * RQ
Statistical Process Control
The aim of statistic process control of a production process is to rapidly identify factors that may affect product quality. Intervention time, in a situation where line problems can emerge, is a strategic factor: the quicker the intervention, the smaller the number of pieces made that do not meet the established quality level.
The purpose of statistic controls is to set a certain stability within the process itself, eliminating changeability within the process, as far as possible.
Just In Time for production lines (Kanban)
- stock reduction
- elimination of down times
- simplification of procedures
- notable reduction in stock;
- quick response to changes in demand;
- improvement to stock accuracy;
- programming simplification
With regard to pre-set rules based on process monitoring, our Improve software generates unequivocally identified procurement missions. The operator can take charge of and distribute the new materials along the various production lines, based on internal company policy (trains, AGVs, trucks, etc.).
The Improve Kanban module consists of 2 software modules:
- View of the basic worklist with in-line procurement request. Worklists viewed on line are then acquired by the ERP.
- View of the procurement/storage missions for raw materials or semi-finished products by forklift drivers.
The Pick-to-light system guides the operators through the shelves containing the tools that will be needed to assemble the different products. A high-vis LED is associated to each shelf unit, allowing the operator to get to know the order of actions to be performed, step by step.
Working in this way eliminates the time wasting from seeking different items or reading instructions.
- Significant increase in quality and speed for picking and sorting
- Reduced training time required for new staff
- More rational management of the inventory management system
- Communication takes place via ethernet
- The software operating logic is agreed with the client: variety of possible use scenarios
- Lights of different colours can be used; the meaning of each colour is different (for example, different colours for different operators).
More than lights
It is also possible to provide further instructions to the operator. The pick-to-light, in its most extensive variation, can also provide numerical indications which can, for example, refer to a number of items to use from a certain shelf.
Some models also contain the “high-low” indication to state the shelf to be used, the top or bottom. This way, a single pick-to-light can be used with two shelves.
Each product unit is identified unequivocally through a serial number generated on line.
The product is tracked throughout the production cycle.
Real-time screen to identify each unit at all times.
- Barcode, QR-code, Tag-Rfid
- Integration with common ERP
- Energy Label
The product can be identified on the production line.
IMPROVE manages printouts and the automatic application of ID labels and characteristics directly in the production line.
- It guarantees correct product traceability
- The product’s birth occurs at the same time as its identification
Energy Label printing in line
- Definition of product energy efficiency
- Energy Label printout
- Calculation of energy class
- From production order to energy label data
- The technical division defines the product attributes
- Product data within the laboratory system
- IMPROVE collects data from the ERP
- The correct label is printed online as the product is created
IMPROVE implements the database table containing the information needed for the energy label mapped to the product code.
- Data import from the laboratory portal
- Direct insertion of energy data in IMPROVE
Offline printing of Labels EL, EC, EI
- Label archive management and association to a print layout
- Production order insertion, creation of label for printing
- Energy Label, Label characteristics
- Techniques, Packaging labels
- Controlled print execution and traceability of the work carried out
- Views the correct layout of the Energy Label according to the energy class.
- This automatically generates a product fiche in printable pdf format (A4) or other formats.
Product information requirements
IMPROVE can print the product information requirements table on line, collecting the data from the ERP register.
Calculation of indices and energy class
- EEI (Energy Efficiency Index), AEC (Annual Electric Cons), GFE (Grease Filtering Efficiency), etc.
Warehouse Management System (WMS)
Aims of warehouse management
- Reduce the value in stock
- Increase workforce productivity
- Improve dispatch precision
- Increase the percentage of correct orders
- Reduce direct operating costs
- Visibility of real-time pickup progress
- Access, benchmarking, and statistics of historic data
- Possibility to view the status of assigned activities
- Operator performance
Stock management operation: incoming goods, storage, order dispatch and picking
- Incoming goods
- Identification of items and code application (if not present at acceptance)
- Unloading from order and loading to fixed stock
- Production batch / expiry management
- Warehouse mapping (area, front, column, level)
- Automatic allocation of locations according to product class
- Integration with automatic elements: automatic, stacking and destacking magazines
Order issue and picking
- Management of picking for orders and groups of orders
- Balanced execution of lists and efficiency controls
- Division into lists/orders according to picking type and reunification
- Algorithms to optimise picking routes
The WMS Improve module integrates with:
- Hand-held terminals, vehicles and vocals
- Laser Guided Vehicles (LGV)
- Automatic warehouses
- Line end
Intelligent control of energy efficiency
Improve monitors power consumption and relates this back to production, making it possible to precisely assess energy costs for each job.
Improve acquires energy data through the system’s DCS or through direct connection to the sensors under critical points.
Quality control based on vibration and noise testing
The IMPROVE module for this type of test is Vibco.
Data is acquired by National Instruments, through mono axial accelerometers and acquisition cards.
Through this type of analysis, the following will be possible:
- Characterisation of failures
- Acquisition of signal and Fourier analysis
- Assessment of sound level intensity
- Acoustic analysis of octave band
Design of low and medium-voltage power lines
Using the ProLED software commissioned by Enel Distribuzione, every technical firm and designer can design a full line, from the definition of targeted points to the printout of the staking chart.
The design of the line takes place in a simil-CAD environment on a web browser and it is possible to export the project in DXF and PDF format, respecting the scale defined.
For more information, see the section dedicated exclusively to ProLED.
NeXT is a software house that produces and sells softwares developed to provide information and aggregate data to company management, supporting its operational decision making.
NeXT can guarantee excellent quality service, unique in the whole industry, thanks to agent-based technology programming.
Where to find us
Operational headquarter via Ancona 55/A 60030, Castelbellino (AN)
Registered office via Nazario Sauro 11/a 60035, Jesi (AN)
Tel: +39 0731696646
Fax: +39 0731690464
VAT reg.: 02510420421